From: Galevsky <galevsky@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: Is GWN dead?
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 18:23:12
1 On Jan 13, 2008 7:03 PM, Pongracz Istvan <pongracz.istvan@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > 2008. 01. 13, vasárnap keltezéssel 17.46-kor Ken Gypen ezt írta:
3 > ........
4 > > I agree that Gentoo shouldn't become an Ubuntu like distro, but the
5 > > minimal install cd is, at least for me, a requirement.
6 > >
7 > ...........
8 > > Regards,
9 > >
10 > > Ken
13 > After reading lot of posts regarding install cd, I decided, I will
14 > create livecd for install purposes, with:
15 > - handbook
16 > - fresh stage3 for i686
17 > - portage snapshot
18 >
19 > I will try to keep it up-to-date.
20 >
21 > Anyway, I'm not a dev member, just a user with motivation to do this.
22 > Are anybody interesting in this kind of release?
23 >
24 > Cheers, István
25
26 I can't help you immediately, but be sure I am going to help you if
27 you'll still need it in a few months. For me, the key is to keep the
28 handbook up-to-date. IMHO, it is a must. Having a "2. Choosing the
29 Right Installation Medium" section not able to provide good
30 information for new users is really painful. Gentoo is known as "one
31 of the best documented distro" and I am sure that it is a crucial
32 point to mind.
33
34 Gal'