From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mpeg4ip - replacement
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 15:41:14
1 On 10/25/14 01:54, Walter Dnes wrote:
2 >On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 07:40:12PM -0600, Joseph wrote
3 >
4 >> I can stream mpeg-4 from camera locally using both: vlc and mplayer
5 >> but when I log-in from remote computer not of them work.
6 >
7 > Does the remote computer have mplayer built with the same flags/codecs
8 >as on your local computer? Ignore the CPU-specific stuff.
9 >
10 > Can I assume that you're actually "streaming" from both computers? Or
11 >are you playing back a recorded file locally, as opposed to streaming
12 >live from the remote?
13 >
14 >--
15 >Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
16 >I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications
17
18 Well, the remote camera is Axis 207 so it has its own server. There is no mplayer on it.
19 When I access camera from the network computer the same as camera is on both vlc and mplayer work.
20 But when I try to stream over the internet (from different) it doesn't work.
21
22 Can mpalyer stream the mpeg 4 video file over rtsp; I think only vlc can do it.
25 Joseph