From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Pre OpenRC update question...
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 12:03:11
1 On 2011-05-16 7:38 AM, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 06:47:59AM -0400, Tanstaafl wrote:
3 >> On that note - I think I asked this a few months ago - I'm assuming I
4 >> could continue using the old baselayout for a while, if I wanted,
5 >> emerging updates (skipping the baselayout/OpenRC updates) for a while,
6 >> without any problems, right?
7
8 > I would not recommend doing this. The plan is to support
9 > openrc/baselayout-2 as gentoo's default init system and deprecate
10 > baselayout-1, which will eventually lead to things breaking if you are
11 > still using baselayout-1.
12
13 Well, sure, I'm not talking about delaying the update for very long,
14 weeks, maybe, but no more than a month or two at the most.