From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSD partitioning and migration
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 23:46:11
1 On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 07:02:35 +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:
2
3 > > Yes, and it's mounted ro to minimise the risk of such damage.
4
5 > I used to do this (keeping a rescue partitio) ... but found it was
6 > useful only some of the time. Nowadays I just leave a sysrescuecd USB
7 > key on top of the case :) Same features, useful in more circumstances,
8 > less maintenance overhead.
9
10 This sin't a rescue partition, it's just a GRUB menu entry and a copy f
11 the ISO in /boot, so far less maintenance even than making sure a USB
12 stick stays put. Plus it is much faster to boot.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Irritable? Who the bloody hell are you calling irritable?