From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Waaay OT] Defrag tool for windoze
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 01:13:17
1 > > One post mentioned that this needs to be reinstalled, I AGREE.
4 Re installation may be *correct*, but sometimes its impractical. I would
5 1. Pull the drive, and connect it to another fully patched, fully security
6 updated windows box.
7 2. From that box run chkdsk -> full virus scan -> defrag
8 3. Reconnect the disk to the original box, and boot from the windows install
9 disk and perform a repair. Use an installation disk that has been
10 slipstreamed with the correct service pack. You should be able to find the
11 media - just remember that OEM media is different to standard media.
12 4. Uninstall all the crap.... (check Run registry keys)