From: Miroslav Puda <pakanek@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xine - no sound on DVDs - solved (sort of)
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 20:25:47
1 On 17:34 Tue 18 Sep , Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > I don't see anything in /etc/modules.d/alsa that defines the second
3 > card as default. Does anyone know how Alsa does that?
4
5 I think you need alsa support through modules for this but I am not
6 sure. First card is default one. To figure out index of your sound cards do
7 this:
8 $ cat /proc/asound/modules
9 0 cx88_alsa
10 1 snd_via82x
11 2 snd_mpu401
12
13 Now write this to /etc/modprobe.d/sound:
14 options snd_via82xx index=0
15 options snd_mpu401 index=1
16 options cx88_alsa index=2
17
18 Card with index zero will be default. Then run:
19 # update-modules
20 After next boot, order of your sound cards should be ok.
21
22 Note: I have this problem without any HW or SW changes. I don't know
23 what triger this.
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list