From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: new install using lxdeL no `run' cmd
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 21:31:32
1 James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> writes:
2
3 > Harry Putnam <reader <at> newsguy.com> writes:
6 >> James <wireless <at> tampabay.rr.com> writes:
7 >> > lxde is deprecated, imho. [1]
8 >> > lxqt is the future of that lineage [2]
9 >> Sounds like propaganda rather rather than any sort of answer to
10 >> the question.
13 > OK, if that is true, who is answering your questions on lxde, which
14 > I am still using? I have lots of breakage on lxde; I do not bother
15 > fixing. I'm working on migrating to lxqt. Good luck with lxde.
16
17 Not sure I follow your reasoning there...
18
19 I'm posting here because I have lxde working well enough for my
20 purposes on 6 other hosts... none of them are gentoo.
21
22 Its only on gentoo that I ran into this problem with the `run' menu
23 item, so I know for certain it is not a general breakage as you seem
24 to imply.
25
26 You mentioned that you are using lxde... I'm assuming, on gentoo.
27 So do you see the same problem with the `run' item on main menu?