From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Optional /usr merge in Gentoo
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 12:25:47
1 On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 06:33:52 -0400, Tanstaafl wrote:
2
3 > Ummm... I didn't suggest that ZFS be shipped with or distributed with
4 > the kernel...
5 >
6 > I was talking about some kind of overlay or patch system, where I could
7 > add zfs to my kernel use flag, and it would pull the gentoo-sources
8 > from wherver it pulls them, and pul;l the patch from a
9 > *separate*/*different* source/location, and then put the patch where it
10 > needs to go to be properly compiled into the kernel.
11
12 I already posted the script I use to do exactly that.
13
14 emerge gentoo-sources
15 run the script
16
17 I wonder it it would be possible to have the spl and zfs-kmod ebuilds do
18 this with an appropriate USE flag.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Bury a lawyer 12 feet under, because deep down they're nice.