From: Carlos Sura <carlos.sura1@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo + HP + Quickmedia
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 00:25:24
1 On 4 December 2011 04:50, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Tuesday 29 Nov 2011 06:51:30 Carlos Sura wrote:
4 > > Hello Mates,
5 > >
6 > > I have a new HP laptop i5, this came with Windows 7 pre-installed with HP
7 > > quickweb (a tool that let me skype, check my email and navigate Interne,
8 > > whitout loading WINDOWS).
9 >
10 > I believe that HP are using Splashtop OS to achieve 'Instant-on'
11 > functionality, which is running an embedded Linux kernel from ROM, with
12 > bootsplash, squashfs, and blackbox as the main binaries. Asus, Acer and
13 > others also joined in the fun.
16 > > I'm wondering if there any way to leave quickweb with gentoo, or windows
17 > +
18 > > quickweb + gentoo would be fine...
19 >
20 > Unless I got this wrong, the PC is essentially dual booting between the ROM
21 > resident OS and the disk OS. The latter can be any OS inc. Gentoo of
22 > course.
25 > > Also if someone has suceffuly installed gentoo in HP DM4-1190la please
26 > let
27 > > me know or a document of WHAT WORKS AND WHAT DO NOT WORKS would be fine.
28 > >
29 > > Regards
30 >
31 > --
32 > Regards,
33 > Mick
37 Well, Thank you for your answer Mick, but after numerous test also many
38 times I've tried, could't make this happen, because quick media is without
39 the HD (or at least I think) because I don't need to get to windows, is a
40 OS very light to use, email, navigation, skype and some others things.
41
42 Also, I have to delete RECOVERY partition, because it did not work (I tried
43 with extended partition, same results)
44
45 Now, I'm running Gentoo + Windows 7 (Dual Boot) a little problems, but for
46 now, I can work in both systems very well.
47
48 Regards
52 Carlos Sura.-
53 www.carlossura.com