From: Pingveno <pingveno@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: NTFS resizing
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 03:27:23
1 Yeah, this is the main partition. According to the web sites I have
2 read, there should be no problem with what I'm doing, even with this
3 being the boot partition.
4
5 Here's the message I get when I run "chkdsk /f":
6 <output>
7 The type of the file system is NTFS.
8 Cannot lock current drive.
9
10 Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another
11 process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be
12 checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N) Y
13
14 This volume will be checked the next time the system restarts.
15 </output>
16
17 Yet when I restart, there is no unusual lag in the start up (which would
18 be necessary to scan an entire hard drive). I also continue getting the
19 message, upon running chkdsk without /f, that I need to do chkdsk /f. Weird.
20
21 -Pingveno
22
23 Grimaldy Soto wrote:
24 > I suposed that if the partition is in use it's because is the main
25 > partition, if not you can use the /x option for chkdsk if will force a
26 > dismount, anyway why you no resize the partition with a partition
27 > manager like partition magic.
28 >
29 > Its better and faster and course lets dangerous that making inside from
30 > linux.
31 >
32 > On 11/12/05, *Pingveno* < pingveno@×××××××.net