From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox 38.1.0 :-(
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2015 09:14:05
1 On Sat, Aug 01, 2015 at 08:30:41PM -0700, Lee wrote:
2
3 > > Over the course of the last 24 hours, Firefox 38.1.0 became stable in
4 > > portage, so I merged it in.
5 > >
6 > > What a mistake!
7 > >
8 > > All my existing configuration (including for NoScript+), all my
9 > > bookmarks, all record of previous visits to site - gone, deleted,
10 > > vanished. I'm not happy about that.
11 > >
12 > > The usability of the program has gone down, down, down. […]
13 > >
14 > > What on earth are the upstream developers thinking about? Destroying
15 > > somebody's configuration is not a nice thing to do.
16 > > […]
17 > > Yours, in anger.
18 >
19 > Not an answer to your question, but Google - chrome is a much better
20 > browser imo, and installs itself very quickly and tidily with portage.
21
22 If you are interested in software that tells its maker where you go and what
23 you say all the time ... *SCNR*
24 --
25 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
26 Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.
27
28 Their are less then four mistakes in this sentance.