From: Richard Watson <waty@×××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] I think I messed up USE flag by using -alsa as Gnome has no sound
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 06:52:32
1 >> Have you loaded the newly-compiled alsa driver modules for your sound
2 >> card, run alsaconf and unmuted the mixer via alsamixer?
3 >> Holly
4
5 Hi again - I tried
6 # emerge -s alsa
7 and got loads of output. Would you know what the correct emerge command is
8 for the alsa driver modules? Does alsaconf come as part of the driver
9 install?
10
11 I had installed alsamixer (with -alsa ...) earlier and it loads a blank
12 interface with no controls at all.
13
14 At this stage I'm doing
15 # emerge --update --ask --deep --verbose --newuse --tree world
16 as setting alsa on is asking quite few items to want to recompile.
17
18 Thanks, Richard
21 No virus found in this outgoing message.
22 Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list