From: Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] swapping processor problem
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 08:34:43
1 On 11/16/2011 09:23 AM, Dale wrote:
2 > You could be right that it is a mobo CPU issue. When you are grasping
3 > at straws, just grab all you can.
4
5 Yep, that's why I wrote about it here, I see very good suggestions on
6 this list.
7
8 > Maybe check if there is a BIOS update available? Might be worth a shot.
9
10 I already upgraded the BIOS to have the dual-core CPU recognized,
11 otherwise the kernel would not even start. There is yet another update
12 on the ASUS site but it's mainly for AM3 processor compatibility and
13 labelled as 'beta' so I'm a bit nervous to try it ;-)