From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: new machine : CPU : 22 nm vs 32 nm
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 01:28:11
1 On 07/25/2012 05:21 PM, Dale wrote:
2
3 > The point made about producing less heat with the smaller nm sounds
4 > reasonable tho.
5
6 From the chip maker's point of view, everything is about battery life
7 and small size these days. I wonder how many college kids are using
8 desktops these days. Desktops are only for us dinosaurs who are glued
9 to our computer chairs. (What fool would try to text from a desktop
10 machine while driving to school during rush hour on a busy street?)
11
12 > I'm trying to picture a nm. o-o Hmmmm, maybe this is better. O-O
13 > Nope, still can't picture a nm. lol
14
15 Have you tried sci-calculators/units? Very useful utility. It defines
16 1 nm as 1000 times the distance between a campaign promise and a damned
17 lie.