From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new machine : CPU : 22 nm vs 32 nm
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 00:23:43
1 I'll add this. When I buy a CPU, I look at the speed, mine is 3.2Ghz,
2 and the cache that is on the chip, mine has 512Kb. Sometimes depending
3 on the process, having more cache can be just as important as the
4 speed. If I am looking at buying one of two identical CPUs but one has
5 more cache, I would try to get the one with more cache.
6
7 One should keep in mind that some are more efficient than others but
8 unless you plan to really look under the hood real close, those are two
9 things to really look at. Given how efficient things are nowadays, the
10 nm would be the last thing I look at.
11
12 The point made about producing less heat with the smaller nm sounds
13 reasonable tho.
14
15 I'm trying to picture a nm. o-o Hmmmm, maybe this is better. O-O
16 Nope, still can't picture a nm. lol
17
18 Dale
19
23 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!