From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Seamonkey and LastPass
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 14:29:20
1 On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 20:44:48 -0600, Dale wrote:
2
3 > Before someone says that someone can steal my puter, well, they are
4 > stored here now anyway. Seamonkey does it for me for most sites. I
5 > have the others on post it notes stuck to my monitor. I don't type in
6 > my login/password every time I got to the forums or some other site.
7 > So, if they steal my puter, they can access whatever they want then
8 > anyway. They can boot up with /bin/bash, change the passwords and then
9 > access whatever they want. We always tell people physical access
10 > trumps about anything else.
11
12 So put your home directory on an encrypted filesystem, physical access
13 won't help much then.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 If at first you don't succeed, you must be a programmer.