From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] virtualbox - serial port
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 13:14:08
1 J. Roeleveld writes:
2
3 > Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com> wrote:
4
5 >> ls -l /dev/ttyS0 crw-rw---- 1 root tty 4, 64 Sep 17 20:56
6 >> /dev/ttyS0
7 >>
8 >> Is the above correct permission?
9
10 > Those are default permissions. However those normally won't give a
11 > normal user access. You can change the permissions of that
12 > file/device to enable your user to have access.
13 >
14 > I am typing this on my mobile and can't quickly tell you how to do
15 > that on a permanent basis. But for a quick change you can use 'chown'
16 > to change the owner to your own user.
17
18 What about 'gpasswd -a <user> tty' to add the tty group to the user?
19 Needs a re-login to make use of the changes.
20
21 Wonko