From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: k3b and now NTFS access rights
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 00:58:51
1 On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 22:01:51 +0000, Mick wrote:
2
3 > So, if I want to mount NTFS partitions by different users what am I
4 > supposed to do? Pile up the uid Nos? There must be a better way.
5
6 There is, set a suitable umask value. By default, NTFS partitions are
7 mounted readable only by the user that mounted them. Setting umask=222
8 makes them readable by everyone, but still writable by no-one (although
9 NTFS is usually mounted ro so this makes little difference). See the NTFS
10 section of man mount.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 Happiness is merely the remission of pain.