From: gottlieb@×××.edu
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] installing gentoo with a systemd profile
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 01:13:32
1 On Sun, Jul 19 2015, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 21:00:54 -0400, gottlieb@×××.edu wrote:
4 >
5 >> I am installing gentoo on a new laptop. I am a gnome, hence systemd,
6 >> user. I also use lvm (I have / and /usr combined on a non-lvm
7 >> partition).
8 >>
9 >> At the point where you choose a profile
10 >> (//wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Full/Installation#Choosing_the_right_profile)
11 >> I selected
12 >> [5] default/linux/amd64/13.0/desktop/gnome/systemd *
13 >>
14 >> But now I get merge conflicts since I have sys-fs/udev installed.
15 >> I can't depclean udev.
16 >
17 > Did you read this part?
18 >
19 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Full/Installation#Optional:_Using_systemd
20
21 Yes I did and had the systemd wiki page on a chromium tab while
22 installing.
23
24 > It's been some months since I last did this, but I don't recall any
25 > serious conflicts.
26 >
27 > Why not just unmerge udev to avoid the blockage?
28
29 I tried via depclean. I wanted to ask here before actually trying
30 --unmerge, which seems rather brutal. I actually had a tiny part in the
31 systemd wiki and remember that you could switch from an openrc system to
32 systemd without unmerging. Instead, you either changed use flags
33 (+systemd and -consolekit) or went to the a systemd profile
34 (recommended).
35
36 allan