From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Living in NGL: was: [gentoo-user] NAS and replacing with larger drives
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 19:30:52
1 Am Sun, Dec 18, 2022 at 01:07:43PM -0600 schrieb Dale:
2
3 > See other reply that has more info.  I'm pretty sure it is the
4 > encryption maxing out the CPU.
5
6 The most simple benchmark is dd: unlock the LUKS layer on your HDD. then
7 first read from the HDD directly and then from the LUKS device:
8
9 dd if=<path/to/raw/HDD> of=/dev/null bs=1M count=1000
10 dd if=<path/to/cryptdevice> of=/dev/null bs=1M count=1000
11
12 It will tell you the transfer rate in MB/s.
13
14 > Mostly, I need a better CPU.  If I encrypt anyway.
15
16 Did you ever tell us the exact CPU you have in there? All I can remember is
17 it has 4 cores. And some AMD processor with a II in its name, but that was
18 you main rig, right?
21 Grüße | Greetings | Salut | Qapla’
22 Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.
23
24 It's not a bug, it's tradition!