From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev rules for an iPod Touch?
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2011 18:56:03
1 Am Mittwoch 09 November 2011, 10:22:42 schrieb Mark Knecht:
2 > On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 7:17 AM, Volker Armin Hemmann
3 >
4 > <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 > > Am Montag 07 November 2011, 10:28:41 schrieb J. Roeleveld:
6 > >> On Sun, November 6, 2011 6:49 pm, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
7 > >> > Am Samstag 05 November 2011, 20:45:15 schrieb Joost Roeleveld:
8 > >> >> Virtualbox has decent USB-pass-through support. Even quite high
9 > >> >> performance.
10 > >> >>
11 > >> >> > Thanks for your help. I do appreciate it
12 > >> >
13 > >> > virtualbox is also pretty broken at the moment.
14 > >>
15 > >> Broken in what way?
16 > >> I am happily using it without any issues.
17 > >
18 > > the worst way:
19 > > http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=OTk5Mw
20 >
21 > Yeah, it was sort of fun to watch that thread as it occurred on LKML.
22 >
23 > Personally I felt the Phoronix article was a bit of a troll as the
24 > best he could do personally was say that he had problems a year ago,
25 > but I believe the kernel devs are telling the truth as best they know
26 > it about the number of bug reports they get. Let's remember however
27 > that they probably don't here much from those of us who use it
28 > successfully.
29 >
30 > What I'm not clear about Volker is whether _you_ are a user of
31 > Virtualbox and have had problems with recent versions yourself or just
32 > down on the application because of what you read?
33 >
34 > - Mark
35
36 except random crahes here and there and two instances of a virtual machine
37 deconstructing itself, no, no problems here.
40 #163933