From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why bash script, that works in "Debian", does not work on "Gentoo" install CD?
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2017 20:03:56
1 On Sun, Jul 30, 2017 at 5:03 AM, Ста Деюс <sthu.deus@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Sat, 29 Jul 2017 22:07:31 +0100, among other, you wrote:
6 >> This is what was asked for from the start, and as soon as you provided
7 >> it, several people identified a potential problem. It's no use saying
8 >> "this doesn't work" if you don't specify "this".
9 >
10 > I will not play in your wording game, sorry.
13 You should note that nobody with an @gentoo.org game is playing your
14 20 questions game either.
15
16 If you want help on a mailing list it helps to post as much info as
17 possible from the start. If you're getting an error when running a
18 script is helpful to provide both the script and the exact error
19 message you're receiving. You were asked for more info and see to be
20 determined to avoid giving it.
21
22 In my experience the people who are most likely to give you the most
23 helpful replies tend to also be the first people to hit mute on a
24 thread when the person asking for help seems determined to make this
25 as painful as possible. They're not getting paid to help people out,
26 so cooperation goes a long way.
27
28 It is easy to get replies on a mailing list. It is harder to get useful ones.
31 Rich