From: "Ста Деюс" <sthu.deus@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why bash script, that works in "Debian", does not work on "Gentoo" install CD?
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2017 09:05:38
1 Hi, Neil.
4 On Sat, 29 Jul 2017 22:07:31 +0100, among other, you wrote:
5
6 > > > Mathematics (mother of computers) answers: 1+1=2. -- Meaning: same
7 > > script w/ the same bash gets same execution.
8 >
9 > Except it's not the same bash, you stated that they are different
10 > versions.
11
12 I do not suppose that versions, that differ just in .1 are too great
13 for syntax. I may err, and may get into 0.00001 % of probability that
14 it is the case, but i doubt that it is so. Also, if i have found bug,
15 at least, there is no mention of the bug in the corresponding versions.
16
17 > > Alright. Here is an example of the problematic line from the point
18 > > of view of "Gentoo's" bash:
19 >
20 > This is what was asked for from the start, and as soon as you provided
21 > it, several people identified a potential problem. It's no use saying
22 > "this doesn't work" if you don't specify "this".
23
24 I will not play in your wording game, sorry.
27 Thank you for your time,
28 Sthu.