From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] alternative to thunderbird?
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 21:34:54
1 On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 19:11:07 +0100
2 Jorge Martínez López <jorgeml@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Hi!
5 >
6 > I might be a little bit on the radical side, but with seeing the whole
7 > KDEPIM debacle I migrated to GNOME 3 and Evolution. It took me some
8 > time to get used to it but I like it.
11 No, I wouldn't say that's radical. I would say that is common sense.
12
13 A core piece of KDE didn't work for you, and you need that core piece
14 to work right. You probably need and want to work in a consistent DE
15 also.
16
17 So, the thing to do is to move to something that does work. Being that
18 you need a complete DE, you tried out the first available option -
19 Gnome.
20
21 And you found that worked for you.
22
23 I'm a classic Gnome-hater myself, but I can't find the error in that
24 logic
28 Alan McKinnnon
29 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com