From: Robert Cernansky <hslists2@××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How packages are made stable
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 08:53:58
1 On Thu, 04 Jan 2007 13:49:48 -0700 Steve Dibb <beandog@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > Andrey Gerasimenko wrote:
4 > > Looking at the Portage tree, I see that some packages are kept ~x86
5 > > for long time without any bugs referenced in the changelog or
6 > > Bugzilla. How are they being made stable (or where in the docs is the
7 > > process described)?
8 > They need to be in the tree for at least 30 days, no bugs, and if
9 > someone files a stable request ebuild, then an arch tester will test it,
10 > and then a dev will keyword it stable.
11 >
12 > Most stuff doesnt get marked stable mostly because there aren't any
13 > stable requests.
14
15 Stabilisation bug it not a requirement. Package should go to stable
16 after 30 days + no bugs even without stabilization bug. I have an
17 impresion that developers are _waiting_ for stabilization bugs which
18 is wrong.
19
20 I've raised a similar question few months ago. It's pretty long
21 discussion on -user and -dev:
22
23 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.user/166565/
24 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/40719/