From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] netifrc, configure by SSID and MAC simultaneously?
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 12:53:41
1 On Friday 21 Apr 2017 14:20:06 Florian Gamböck wrote:
2
3 > I got this pre-configured router from my internet provider and I have
4 > *very* limited access to the configuration. I have no telnet and no ssh,
5 > as far as I can tell. For example, when I want to change my wifi
6 > configuration, I have to do that online on my provider's website, which
7 > obviously triggers some kind of over-the-air update to my router. After
8 > an automatic restart, the new (readonly) configuration shows up on my
9 > router.
10
11 Have you considered spending a little money, ditching the router and
12 substituting one that you can control? Reasonably capable routers aren't
13 expensive.
16 Regards
17 Peter