From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: My laptop is freaking me out.
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 00:38:53
1 Ian K <omega_2_1 <at> yahoo.ca> writes:
4 > Hi there.
5 > My new laptop (Toshiba A70) is seriously weirding me out.
6 > It seems to be turning off (randomly?) while in KDE. I cannot
7 > distinguish any patterns uptime-wise, nor is it an actual power
8 > failure.
9
10 I just had this idetical problem with a Clevo (2.8GHz) p4 portable,
11 with a 2.6.11-gento-r11 kernel.
12
13 I built a new kernel on 2.6.12-gentoo-r4 and the problem has disappeared.
14
15 I'm too busy to look at the diffs between the .config files, but, if
16 you want them, I'll send them to you. I'm quite certain it was something
17 in the kernel, acpi would be my guess..... Building a new kernel, and
18 selecting everything from scratch did the trick. The weird thing is
19 I run 2.6.11-gentoo-r11 on several other machines, and had no problem.
22 James
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list