From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Rasp-Pi-4 Gentoo servers
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 02:53:49
1 james wrote:
4 > 5G + gentoo + embedded toys, is going to be FUN FUN FUN.
7 > Then I'll be off to other states, via a hacked out Redneck
8 > camper...... and too many microProcessors....
11 > Thanks Rich, your insights and comments are always most welcome.
14 > James
15
16 Off topic a bit but a question.  Would one of these Rasp-Pi-4 thingys
17 make a NAS hard drive server? I have a Cooler Master HAF-932 case but
18 even it is running out of hard drive space.  I'm thinking about building
19 a NAS box, taking sheet metal and bending it until it looks like a box.
20 Thing is, it needs a small puter to take data from the drives to the
21 network and vice-versa.
22
23 I've never even seen one of those things, except on my monitor, so I
24 have no idea what all they are capable of.  I figure a lot of SATA
25 connectors and a ethernet connection plus enough CPU power and memory to
26 get the job done.  If those things are capable of doing that fairly
27 easily.  After all, I'm me.  :/
28
29 Just curious.
30