From: "Michael P. Soulier" <msoulier@×××××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] openoffice emerge failing
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 14:17:26
1 On 20/11/08 Michael P. Soulier said:
2 > On 20/11/08 Redouane Boumghar said:
3 > > SO please check how much available memory you have
4 >
5 > I have 1Gig in this system, and I'm planning to add more.
6
7 So, I killed firefox to free up memory and let it build overnight. The build
8 completed successfully. Perhaps it was a memory issue.
9
10 I'm starting to think that ebuilds need available memory requirements. Don't
11 build this without 1Gig of free memory, etc...
12
13 Anywho, it works now.
14
15 Mike
16 --
17 Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@×××××××××××××.ca>
18 "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a
19 touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
20 --Albert Einstein