From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SOLVED - Mouse does not work with kernel-3.5.0
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 16:00:41
1 On Jul 28, 2012 10:29 PM, "Neil Bothwick" <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 13:22:24 +0300, v_2e@×××.net wrote:
4 >
5 > > Hello again!
6 > > The problem is solved by adding the following kernel config option:
7 > >
8 > > CONFIG_HID_GENERIC=M
9 > >
10 > > This option was not present in the old configuration files, that is
11 > > why simple 'make oldconfig' did not do the job.
12 >
13 > make oldconfig should pick up new options, that's what it's for. I've
14 > just upgraded a box from 3.4.4 to 3.5.0 and it prompted for this option,
15 > defaulting to Y (there's little point in making something that is always
16 > required a module).
19 I myself prefer make menuconfig to make oldconfig, because I can easily see
20 new options, and also invoke some help text that (tries to) explain what
21 the option is about. Not to mention an easy-to-read "chain of dependencies"
22 of an option.
23
24 Rgds,