From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] stable xorg-server seems to require testing libXfont
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 15:39:27
1 At Mon, 05 Oct 2009 17:34:07 +0200 Fab <netfab@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Mon, 05 Oct 2009 11:06:43 -0400
4 > Allan Gottlieb wrote:
5 >> I can certainly add libXfont to /etc/portage/package.keywords, but I
6 >> find it strange that a stable package (xorg-server) requires a testing
7 >> version of another package (libXfont).
8 >>
9 >> Advice on how to proceed would be appreciated.
13 > The stabilization process is not over for x86, and you synchronized
14 > your tree in the middle of the process. See the stabilization list in
15 > bug #282290. You should wait a few hours until next sync, and use
16 > package.keywords in the meanwhile for missing stable packages.
17
18 Thank you, that explains it. I will wait.
19 allan