From: Mark Kirkwood <markir@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Serial modem and permissions problem.
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 09:47:36
1 Dale wrote:
4 > Here is my question. What are the permissions supposed to be? I have
5 > it set to root:users right now. It was set to root:uucp which was not
6 > working. If someone has a modem and uses dial-up, can you reply with
7 > the output of ls -al /dev/ttyS* if you would. If anybody else knows the
8 > answer, that would be cool too.
11 This machine *has* been used for dial-up (but is connected to DSL router
12 now)
13
14 $ ls -al /dev/ttyS*
15 crw-rw---- 1 root tty 4, 64 Mar 3 19:42 /dev/ttyS0
16 crw-rw---- 1 root tty 4, 65 Mar 3 19:42 /dev/ttyS1
17 crw-rw---- 1 root tty 4, 66 Mar 3 19:42 /dev/ttyS2
18 crw-rw---- 1 root tty 4, 67 Mar 3 19:42 /dev/ttyS3
21 > Oh, It had been a couple months since I rebooted, anybody know when this
22 > happened? How do you get udev to update after changing the rules, other
23 > than rebooting that is. :/
26 No sure on that (maybe look at udevcontrol)... Here's the relevant bit
27 of my 50-udev.rules FWIW (which is default I think):
28
29 $ grep ttyS /etc/udev/rules.d/50-udev.rules
30 KERNEL=="ttyS[0-9]*", NAME="%k", SYMLINK="tts/%n", GROUP="tty"
31 --
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list