From: Michel Catudal <mcatudal@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Grub1: Cant ? Re: keeping grub 1
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 20:09:08
1 Le 2015-08-27 23:36, Fernando Rodriguez a écrit :
2 > On Thursday, August 27, 2015 9:25:01 PM Michel Catudal wrote:
3 >> This is nonsense. I have never had a case where it would not boot when I
4 > have grub correctly installed on the partition.
5 >
6 > Install grub to a partition and do something like this:
7 >
8 > su
9 > cd
10 > mv /boot/grub grub
11 > cp -r grub /boot
12 > rm -r grub
13 >
14 What is your point? same if I do that with grub1, it was even more fun with windows 98 by deleting win.ini or renaming it "win .ini"
15 With grub on the partition my bootloader doesn't get wacked and I can restore the OS if I do a stupid thing like this.
19 For Linux Software visit
20 http://home.comcast.net/~mcatudal
21 http://sourceforge.net/projects/suzielinux/