From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xorg meta apps
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 17:45:59
1 On 05/07/06, Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o> wrote:
2 > Mick wrote:
3 > > I updated to the new xorg and discovered that a lot of applications
4 > > (e.g. xcalc, xvidtune, etc.) were uninstalled when I unmerged the
5 > > monolithic version, but were not reinstalled with the new meta. So, I
6 > > thought of trying emerging them individually. However, they seem to
7 > > be masked. Is this because they are not compatible with the new meta
8 > > ebuild? What should I do?
9 >
10 > If there are apps you use that you need stabilized, please file a bug
11 > requesting this. We haven't stabilized everything because we're trying
12 > to get an idea of what people actually use.
13
14 Thanks. I will do so. I was just worried that the new xorg-meta
15 ebuild may require different x-apps-meta ebuilds and that's why the
16 old ebuilds are now masked.
17
18 Is there perhaps a 'bucket' bug report that I should add to for this
19 problem, or should I start a new one?
20 --
21 Regards,
22 Mick
23 --