From: Floyd Anderson <f.a@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Retrieving bounced list messages
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2017 07:58:39
1 On Tue, 03 Jan 20:12:05 -0500
2 Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
3 >170104 Floyd Anderson wrote:
4 >> Is it possible — and when how — to retrieve bounced mailing list messages,
5 >> e.g. from <gentoo-announce@l.g.o> or this list) ?
6 >
7 >You can recover everything from the Gentoo lists' archive :
8 > http://archives.gentoo.org/ .
9
10 Thanks for your response. I’ve already found [1] but it’s hard (even
11 impossible) to figure out the bounced message(s) from there. Notice, the
12 bouncing messages information from mailing list manager (mlmmj) looks
13 like:
14
15 > Some messages to you could not be delivered. If you're seeing this
16 > message it means things are back to normal, and it′ merely for your
17 > information.
18 >
19 > Here is the list of the bounced messages:
20 > - 174956
21 > - 174958
22
23 I see no change to find any message on [1] by its message number.
24 Although it were possible, my goal is to have the messages local stored
25 and searchable while being offline. Also [2] doesn’t help here even
26 though it offers a message download link — it’s not the raw email (with
27 header fields).
28
29 Anyway, you push me in the right direction. After digging somewhat
30 deeper I found the ability to send a message request to e.g.
31 <gentoo-user+get-N@l.g.o> (where N is the message number).
32
33 Now there is still one thing. How to get messages (better whole threads)
34 for offline usage from a period before the list subscription when their
35 message numbers is unknown?
38 [1] <https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-user/>
39 [2] <https://marc.info/?l=gentoo-user&m=148349234522442&w=2>
42 Best regards,