From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: migrating disks (from mounts to disklabels
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 15:03:19
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 15:56 on Friday 19 November 2010, James did
2 opine thusly:
3
4 > Any good recommendations on on the Internet
5 > Traffic status?
6 >
7 > The net looks horrible here:
8 >
9 > http://www.internettrafficreport.com/main.htm
10
11 Yuck, that sux.
12
13 Down here at the tip of Africa, we didn't see anything unusual.
14
15 > I sure wish mirrorselect, was somehow more
16 > dynamic, meaning the download could switch
17 > mid-process, to another source, if there was
18 > a 50% or so faster download link available.
19 > You know some sort of state table maintained
20 > on link speeds to my top 12 mirrors close to
21 > my net (fastest throughputs). (urely I dream.....)
22
23 I hear Zac is very receptive to patches :-)
26 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com