From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] browser advice
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 09:54:34
1 On Thursday 30 November 2006 10:22, Jorge Almeida wrote:
2
3 > On Thu, 30 Nov 2006, Dale wrote:
4 > > used epiphany before. What's it look like?
5 >
6 > Have no idea, I didn't tried either. Being something from Gnome, I
7 > suspect it's not very customizable, but I may be completely wrong.
8
9 You can find more info here:
10 http://www.gnome.org/projects/epiphany/
11 seems that it uses the gecko rendering engine, the same used by firefox
12 and seamonkey (and can use the plugins too). Like many Gnome programs,
13 it aims to be simple, easy to use and probably not very customizable (no
14 flames, just my impression).
15
16 > > I think your problem is more about what server you are hooking up to
17 > > when you go to google than what browser you are using. Google has
18 >
19 > But it happens _only_ in FF...
20
21 For me, it happens with konqueror and (sic) internet explorer also.
22
23 This page explains why:
24 http://www.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=873&topic=8995
25
26 As another poster said, the redirection can be avoided using the
27 http://www.google.com/ncr address. The above page says that
28 http://www.google.com/webhp should also work (I did not try it myself
29 though).
30 --