From: Michael Schmarck <michael.schmarck@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: baselayout-2.0.0 surprises
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 19:46:57
1 · Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>:
2
3 > On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 17:23:18 +0200, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
4 >
5 >> > Because you didn't read the elog messages.
6 >>
7 >> it is still not ok to remove /etc/conf.d/net. That is extremly stupid.
8 >
9 > It would be, but it wasn't removed on any of the three machines I
10 > upgraded.
11
12 Armin has at least one machine and I've got 2 were this happened and
13 there are reports in the forum discussion thread reg. disappearance
14 of /etc/conf.d/net (or rather, that it was replaced with a
15 basically blank default file).
16
17 So, I think, that your system is a bit odd.
18
19 Michael Schmarck
20 --
21 "Turn on, tune up, rock out."