From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: File transfer via USB?
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 23:42:43
1 On 2021-04-22, Kusoneko <kusoneko@××××××××.moe> wrote:
2
3 >>That won't use IP?
4 >
5 > Honestly, I don't get the problem you're stating with using IP.
6
7 There's no problem. It's just not allowed.
8
9 > If you connect 2 machines with Ethernet, assign them both a static
10 > IP address on the same subnet, with no gateway or anything, you can
11 > easily have them communicate using the IP addresses only.
12
13 I know that, but it's not allowed.
14
15 > A computer doesn't require internet access to have local network IP
16 > connectivity.
17
18 It is prohibited/verboten/illegal.
19
20 And I think the Windows machine is configured so that it just can't be
21 done. But even if that wasn't the case, it's not permitted.