From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GCC 4.1.1 Problems
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 16:08:00
1 Jason Weisberger wrote:
2
3 > I figure upgrading to GCC 4.1.1 from 3.4.5 wouldn't be such a pain,
4 > right? WRONG.
5
6 Yes, very much so. See my "Upgrading to gcc 4.1: emerge -e world required?"
7 thread.
8
9 > These packages quit on me after telling me that the reported filesize
10 > by the ebuild wasn't equal to the downloaded filesize.
11
12 Were the errors correct? I mean, did the filesizes differ?
13
14 > I also had several packages quit on me
15
16 How?
17
18 > If these are the type of problems we're going to see with 4.1.1, I
19 > would have to vote that it stay masked.
20
21 Yep.
22
23 > "Testing" isn't even the word
24 > for this so far. I had to revert back to my 3.4.5 gcc and re-emerge
25 > system after having too many errors to warrant continuing.
26
27 Hm. But there are people, who ran "emerge -e world" with gcc 4.1.1
28 and don't have problems. I suppose you'll only have problems, when
29 you mix 3.x and 4.x.
30
31 Alexander Skwar
32 --
33 Fascinating, a totally parochial attitude.
34 -- Spock, "Metamorphosis", stardate 3219.8
35 --
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list