From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: gmail smtp overwrites the sender
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 19:56:41
1 On Thursday 15 Mar 2012 14:51:10 Michael Mol wrote:
2 > On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 10:29 AM, Grant Edwards
3 >
4 > <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > On 2012-03-14, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
6
7 > >> Perhaps your mail address was blacklisted? Many ISPs IP address
8 > >> blocks are blacklisted these days.
9 > >
10 > > I know that was sometimes the case from the rejection message sent by
11 > > the destination SMTP server. Even though I had a static IP address
12 > > and an valid MX entry for the sending machine's hostname, some sites
13 > > wouldn't accept mail because my static IP addres was in a block used
14 > > for DSL customers (of which I was one).
15 >
16 > Yeah, I can't even send email to my gmail account from my Comcast
17 > public IPv4 address.
18
19 Have you tried using port 587? Comcast should accept relaying on that port
20 IIRC with your customer username/passwd.
21
22 Or are you saying that Google will not accept incoming mail from Comcast
23 addresses/IP blocks?
24 --
25 Regards,
26 Mick