From: lee <lee@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] from Firefox52: NO pure ALSA?, WAS: Firefox 49.0 & Youtube... Audio: No
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2016 20:03:57
1 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > lee wrote:
4 >> Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> writes:
5 >>
6 >>> lee wrote:
7 >>>> Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> writes:
8 >>>>
9 >>>>> lee wrote:
10 >>>>>> Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> writes:
11 >>>>>>
12 >>>>>> I didn't go look at boards I had around here. I went to a major
13 >>>>>> computer supplier, newegg, and looked at what they had. Go back and
14 >>>>>> read again what I did and maybe read it more carefully.
15 >>>>>>
16 >>>>>> Might I also add, it's more than just me that has pointed out that you
17 >>>>>> are not correct on this. It's a few others as well. You ever stop to
18 >>>>>> think that what you observe is not the normal and certainly not the
19 >>>>>> default? If what you claim was even remotely accurate, newegg would
20 >>>>>> have had a lot larger number of boards with two ports on it. Thing is,
21 >>>>>> they didn't. Kai pointed out that the same is true in Europe.
22 >>>>>> Why would I assume that what someone else observes is a default?
23 >>>>>> Besides, I don't see what problem you're having with this.
24 >>>>>>
25 >>>>>>
26 >>>>> Then why would what you observe also be claimed to be the default? As
27 >>>>> I also pointed out, it's not just what I observe, it's what I and others
28 >>>>> have observed as well. So far, you are the only person claiming that
29 >>>>> two ports on a home user board is the default. I have not seen anyone
30 >>>>> else post that you are correct. Others have posted that you are not
31 >>>>> correct tho.
32 >>>>>
33 >>>>> The problem is, you claim that having two ports is the default. It is
34 >>>>> not the default. I've said it, even researched it and explained how I
35 >>>>> researched it, others have also posted the same point. Just because you
36 >>>>> have boards with two ports does not mean it is a default. Given the
37 >>>>> research I did, it isn't even close. Boards with two ports for a home
38 >>>>> user is not only not the default, it's somewhat rare. Out of the top 72
39 >>>>> boards I checked, only a couple or so had two ports. That is far from
40 >>>>> being the default. That is quite rare. Even if it was 5 boards, that
41 >>>>> would be under 10%. That is hardly something to call a default. If it
42 >>>>> were say 50%, then one could at least argue that the default is moving
43 >>>>> to having two ports. It's just not the case.
44 >>>>>
45 >>>>> The sooner you figure that out the better for you.
46 >>>> And eating rice is the default because so many people do it ...
47 >>>>
48 >>>> .
49 >>>>
50 >>> You can claim that having two ports is the default but that isn't
51 >>> supported by a single fact. As I said, the only person who thinks it is
52 >>> a default is you. The default would be set by the manufacturers. Since
53 >>> what is manufactured has to be sold, one good way to find out what the
54 >>> default is, go look at what is being sold. When you see something that
55 >>> is common, like say four USB ports, then that is the default. Another
56 >>> example, if most all boards have five PCI-e slots, then that is the
57 >>> default. If you want six slots, seven slots or more, then you are
58 >>> likely going to pay extra and have fewer buying options because that is
59 >>> not the default.
60 >>>
61 >>> Using your logic, no one eats rice since so much of it is grown and
62 >>> sold. If rice was not grown and not sold, then your logic would work.
63 >>> So, your post doesn't even make sense. The manufacturers of boards by a
64 >>> large margin puts one ethernet port on a home use board and even most
65 >>> office computers only need one port. If one goes and looks at what is
66 >>> being manufactured and sold, they would be able to see that. Of course,
67 >>> some people can't see it even when several people post the facts. It
68 >>> seems some will never get the idea.
69 >> Rice is not eaten much around here, so it's not the default type of
70 >> food.
71 >>
72 >> Besides, people buy what is being manufactured. If all boards were
73 >> manufactured with 4 ports, it wouldn't stop ppl from buying them, and if
74 >> no rice was grown, it wouldn't stop ppl from eating (if sufficient
75 >> quantities of other types of food were available).
79 > Rice isn't eaten much around here either. That IS NOT the point tho.
80
81 By way of your argumentation, it's still the default food. You're
82 saying you aren't eating it much. I would have to conclude that you're
83 living in a bubble outside of reality.
84
85 Or I could simply acknowledge that you have a different default.
86
87 > The point is that having two ports is not the default. As I said
88 > before, if what you claim were even remotely true, then board sellers
89 > would be listing boards with two ports by huge numbers. They are not.
90 > It is rare even. Well under 10%, likely less than 5%. That is FAR from
91 > being a default. Anyone claiming otherwise is delusional.
92 >
93 > Given your other posts, I've come to the conclusion that you are truly
94 > living in a world that is not based on reality. You live is some bubble
95 > that you have created where what you think is the only option. You,
96 > even when shown facts, can not accept anything that doesn't fit in your
97 > little bubble.
98 >
99 > You posted that two ports is the default. Others and myself posted that
100 > is not correct. I even went to the trouble to prove it. Yet here you
101 > are still posting that it is when you have yet to post a SINGLE fact to
102 > back up what you claim. I posted how I researched it and did so in a
103 > way that you should be able to do the same, and see it for YOURSELF.
104 > Yet you refuse to even do that. You are right even when you are proven
105 > to be 100% wrong in your little bubble. Unless you can prove that
106 > having two ports is the default, by posting links to a major
107 > manufacturers website or a major seller, you are talking BS and nothing
108 > else. There is no point to you posting anything else. Post proof or you
109 > are wrong. Get over it. Back up your claims. It shouldn't be hard if
110 > you are correct. It took me about 5 to 10 minutes to do my research and
111 > about the same to post it.
112 >
113 > Have a nice day. Enjoy your little bubble.
114
115 Well, I guess you haven't realised yet that reality doesn't exist.
116 Bubbles are a self-imposed limit for those who believe in reality.
117 You probably hit that wall and now try hard to remain confined.
118
119 Unfortunately, this won't make sense to you until you come to realise.