From: Michael Higgins <linux@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to IPSEC "M$oft" VPN client setup
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 20:30:38
1 On Tue, 19 May 2009 13:57:21 -0500
2 Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Based on a brief googling I didn't see anyone who has a working
5 > connection to a Checkpoint VPN.
6
7 Thanks, Paul. I've already the "solution", as I'm not so much trying to get something accomplished (access machines "inside" which I can do just fine with SSH tunnel), as to figure out why we have these various, related, open source software packages available but no basic client-to-corporate "real-world" implementations specifically outlined for the Gentoo community -- that I can find. :(
8
9 Just a definitive answer to "which Gentoo packages and USE flags to I need to emerge so to do this"? .. would be a HUGE help (as weeks later I *still* don't know for sure). And if 60%+ of the folks following it got lucky with cut-n-paste from a how-to, then... great!
10
11 Say if all the related items were configured, tested and ultimately failed, if documented publicly it'd at the least serve as a good template for anyone else trying to troubleshoot a VPN connection when using Gentoo on a client machine.
12
13 Or, should I instead, just go outside and play? I thought someone else here had hoped to make something like this work... ;-)
14
15 Anyway, thanks again for taking a look.
16
17 Cheers,
22 | |ichael | |iggins \^ /
23 michael.higgins[at]evolone[dot]org