From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: extract an image from a .doc file?
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 14:10:23
1 On 14 Dec 2009, at 19:23, Daniel da Veiga wrote:
2 > ...
3 > When I want to extract an image from a doc I save it as HTML. It saves
4 > images in a separated folder and links it into the HTML. I simply go
5 > to the folder and check the image.
6
7 When I do this in Open Office the image in the resulting .html
8 document is a .png. If I do it in Word for Mac it's a .gif, although
9 there appears to be an option to use .png in the export options.
10
11 I think the image is a bitmap & it's being converted. There's nothing
12 else in the document that would explain it being 2meg.
13
14 I'll try Renat's suggestion to use ImageMagick's `identify` command
15 (emerging ImageMagick now), but will just mention it to the customer
16 this afternoon.
17
18 Stroller.