From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT]: Converting flv to what?
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 05:14:17
1 Hi,
2
3 As a Blender-fan over the time my harddisk has been filled (by me ;) )
4 with lots of video-tutorials in the flv (flash video)-format.
5
6 Now I need some space to store more *.blend files ...
7
8 So I think I need to convert the flvs into another format...
9
10 What is the most recommended format to preserve as much as possible
11 of the original video and audio quality *and* to save space beyond
12 the "some kilobytes" area?
13
14 What is the best tool for that job: mplayer or ffmpeg or...?
15
16 What parameters should I use ?
17
18 Thank you very much for any help in advance!
19 Have a nice weekend!
20 Best regards,
21 mcc