From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SLES or gentoo ... ?
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 18:07:42
1 Am 26.08.2013 18:35, schrieb Pandu Poluan:
2
3 > I have to admit that my virtualized servers are not running on top of
4 > ZFS-backed storage... because the company already has a quite sizable EMC
5 > VNX storage, and it's a shame to not use that behemoth... ;-)
6
7 For sure! :-)
8
9 > At the moment, the ZFS-backed storage is used to store our email archive
10 > system (using MailArchiva), and with more than 15'000 emails per day, it
11 > has been performing flawlessly.
12
13 Without getting academic: good to hear, but rather the opposite use
14 case. Thousands of small files vs. some big chunks (as with VMs).
15
16 > That said, when I was hunting around for information on ZFS before taking
17 > the plunge, a *lot* of discussion revolves around using ZFS as the storage
18 > back-end for virtualization, be it using KVM or VMware.
19
20 Yes. I will research that a bit and consider it.
21 Maybe I suggest them a test-phase (old server still there and OK ... so
22 why not)
23
24 S