From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Jitsi or Other Skype Alternative
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 16:08:36
1 On 08/22/2013 06:05 PM, Marc Stürmer wrote:
2 > Am 22.08.2013 17:58, schrieb hasufell:
3 >
4 >> You probably missed those hundreds of bugs we devs and also users were
5 >> faced with, including linkage against non-existing sonames, random
6 >> crashes and breakage when the binary is stripped.
7 >>
8 >> So this is somewhat wrong information. It's like saying windows works
9 >> right out of the box without problems.
10 >
11 > I am not arguing from the admin site of Skype; I am arguing from the
12 > user side.
13
14 I was arguing from both sides. It is buggy, crashes a lot, consumes a
15 lot of ressources and is able to slow down your whole desktop, mess with
16 audio settings and whatnot.