From: Stuart Herbert <stuart.herbert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Versioning the tree
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 17:15:13
1 On 11/29/06, Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
2 > I'm sorry, but how the hell do you know? You are not a member of
3 > Release Engineering, and have *NO CLUE* what we do over there. What we
4 > release isn't the only thing we do.
5
6 Then this is a great opportunity to set the record straight, by
7 explaining what server-oriented work releng do with each release.
8
9 > Luckily, I'm not asking you. Instead, I'm asking interested developers
10 > to assist us in making what we plan on doing much more viable. Feel
11 > free to sit over there and naysay until you're blue in the face. We'll
12 > be over here getting something accomplished via teamwork.
13
14 Odd; I'm trying to get involved, by providing feedback and asking questions.
15
16 > Except it was announced before we even made the snapshot,
17
18 Sorry, I've looked, but the only announcement I found on gentoo-dev
19 was posted two days before gcc-4.1 was stabilised [1]. I must have
20 missed the earlier announcement?
21
22 > Just because we didn't take the time out to stop and make
23 > sure you were personally comfortable with the change doesn't mean we
24 > didn't prepare for it and announce it.
25
26 I'm sorry that you've gone with the "I always know best, you're a
27 fucking chump so shut the fuck up" type of response :( That seems to
28 be your answer of choice to all feedback these days.
29
30 I'm sorry you feel that my input isn't welcome in your world.
31
32 [1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=gentoo-dev&m=115672836418923&w=2
33
34 Best regards,