From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devrel] devrel meeting etc
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 19:42:46
1 Paul Varner wrote:
2 > My gut reaction to reading this proposal was no! While I can see a need
3 > for reducing the number of people involved with a complaint, I firmly
4 > feel that in order to ensure fairness in the complaint process that
5 > there needs to be checks and balances in place. The recent changes to
6 > split the investigative from the judical side of developer relations and
7 > make everything transparent as possible does much to accomplish this.
8 >
9 > I strongly feel that moving back to a small committee would be a step
10 > backwards in that respect.
11
12 Why can't a small committee be fair? Where are the checks and balances
13 in the "new" structure? I see one group investigating, another deciding
14 the punishment, but no insurance that the latter group won't go
15 overboard with punishment or give people a slap on the wrist for a major
16 problem.
17
18 I agree that transparency is a good thing, but I disagree that
19 increasing the bureaucracy does much besides increase the time necessary
20 to get anything done.
21
22 Thanks,
23 Donnie