From: Paul Varner <fuzzyray@g.o>
To: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devrel] devrel meeting etc
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 17:59:18
On Tue, 2005-09-06 at 11:19 -0500, Deedra Waters wrote:
> Basically, for the most part, the transparency of how complaints are > handled stays the same. The only thing i really want to change, is that > i think that a commitee of say 3 to 5 people handles a complaint from > beginning to end. Basically, i think that this is much simpler, and the > devrel members i've mentioned it to seem to like this idea. The big > thing for most people is that what ever happens, the transparency needs > to stay, and i completely agree there. > > So, 1. I'd like to see some discussion over the next couple of days to > get feedback, and 2. I'd like to shoot for 1800 UTC on friday for a > meeting.
My gut reaction to reading this proposal was no! While I can see a need for reducing the number of people involved with a complaint, I firmly feel that in order to ensure fairness in the complaint process that there needs to be checks and balances in place. The recent changes to split the investigative from the judical side of developer relations and make everything transparent as possible does much to accomplish this. I strongly feel that moving back to a small committee would be a step backwards in that respect. Regards, Paul -- gentoo-devrel@g.o mailing list